Studio Nauta was founded in 2013 in Rotterdam by Jan Nauta. The studio has designed various homes, offices and schools, with the work receiving various nominations and prizes, as well as being published internationally.
The Rotterdam based office works on projects that aim to contribute to society and the field of architecture. Characterised by a commitment to all scales of architectural design, the work encompasses everything from concept to detail. Free from nostalgia, Studio Nauta believes in architecture as a craft, with making deeply woven into the design process. The buildings of Studio Nauta are not only physically sustainable, but also socially and spatially. By systematically building on existing qualities of a location, they are always deeply embedded in their cultural context.
Studio Nauta is the winner of the Abe Bonnema Prize for Young Architects and in 2018 it was the only Dutch office to be included in the Wallpaper Architects Directory.
We are currently seeking a Dutch speaking architect. Please find the job description here.
We are currently seeking a Dutch speaking technical architect. Please find the job description here.
We are also looking for a Dutch speaking junior architect with 2-3 years experience. Excellent design and communication skills as well as an eye for developing technical skills is a must. Experience with ArchiCAD and Rhino would be very beneficial.
We are always looking for motivated interns for placements lasting 6-9 months. We cannot accept graduates for this position.
Please send a motivation letter and samples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org
Jan Nauta (1982, Rotterdam) graduated from London's Architectural Association in 2011, winning the AA Prize. Before founding Studio Nauta in 2013, he worked with Markus Miessen in Berlin, was a researcher at the AA and consulted Beyond Entropy for the Venice Biennale’s 2010 and 2012. He co-founded the Public Occasion Agency in London, was a curator at Bureau Europa and has held teaching positions at the University of Brighton, TU Delft and the Rotterdam Academy of Architecture.
Jan Nauta has been a lecturer and guest critic at various institutions including the AA, the Bartlett, Woodbury University, Cambridge University, TU Delft and the Berlage Institute. He has contributed to numerous publications as a writer and editor.
Jan Nauta, Benjamin Filbey, Danique van Hulst, Joppe Kusters, Pjotr van Noesel, Carlo Federico Serra
Past: Angeliki Sachliki, Teresa Marinoni de Athayde, Ties van Benten, Andrea Gentilini, Niek van der Zwaag, Alexander Speelman, Jordy Herfst, Perle Boudier
- Architectural Association
- Schipper Bosch
- Bureau Europa
- Jungle Minds
- Municipality of Groningen
- PCBO Leeuwarden
- Municipality of Leeuwarden
- Sinne Kinderopvang
- Municipality of Dordrecht
- Woodbury University
- SDK Kinderopvang
- Atelier Rijksbouwmeester
- No Fire, No Place, Forum, 2019
- Architecture Yearbook, NAi 010, 2018
- Architects Directory, Wallpaper, 2018
- Architecture Yearbook, NAi 010, 2016
- Architecture NL, 2017
- Made to Measure, Flemish Architecture Institute, 2017
- Cedric Price Insert, Volume Magazine #42, 2014
- Critical Spatial Practice, Sternberg Press, 2012
- Waking Up from the Nightmare of Participation, Expodium, 2012
- POA 1 – 22, Bedford Press, 2011
- Cedric Price Ephemera, Architectural Association, 2011
- Room for Learning, Woodbury Hollywood Gallery, Los Angeles, 2019
- Bonnema Prize, Frisian Museum, Leeuwarden, 2018
- Prelude, Muhka, Antwerp, 2017
- Living in the Centre, Cityhall, Groningen, 2017
- Memory Bank, Architectural Association, London, 2016
- Masswerk, Deutsches Architekturmuseum, Frankfurt, 2016
- The Dynamics of Time, Maastricht, 2014
- Wish We Were Here, Architectural Association, London, 2011
- Woodbury University, Los Angeles, 2019
- Technical University, Delft, 2018
- Biënnale Brno, Czech Republic, 2017
- Deutsches Architekturmuseum, Frankfurt, 2017
- Architectural Association, London, 2015
- Bureau Europa, Maastricht, 2015
- Venice Architecture Biennale, 2012
- Rotterdam Academy of Architecture
- Architectural Association School of Architecture
- TU Delft
- University of Brighton
- Design Academy Eindhoven
- Berlage Institute
- Royal Academy of Arts
- Woodbury University Los Angeles